How to pick the Right Ceremony Music for Your Wedding
The wedding ceremony music that you choose will help to create your wedding’s atmosphere and style. So, think about both the type of ceremony you are hosting, as well as the venue where it will take place.
Make sure your music choices match the style of your ceremony and the venue.
Also, think about who will be performing your wedding ceremony music. Are you having live musicians or playing your music on an iPod through a PA system?
Music plays a really beautiful part of your marriage ceremony, creating mood and emotion.
So, choose your favourite songs – ones that mean something to you.
Choose at least 3 songs for your ceremony: –
Wedding Party Processional Song – walking up the aisle. This song is designed to give goose-bumps or evoke tears
Signing of the Register Song – usually a song with a romantic feel.
Wedding Party Recessional Songs – walking down the aisle. This song is upbeat and happy and designed to lead the guests into the celebration. It can even be cheeky and a bit humourous.
Tell me your favourite wedding song and I will add it here.
- Just the way you are – Vitamin String Quartet
- Young and Beautiful – Vitamin String Quartet
- Angels – Robin Thicke
- Beautiful day – U2
- I do (Cherish You) – 98 degrees
- Today I met the boy I’m gonna marry – The Crystals
- All I Want Is You – Barry Louis Polisar – from Juno soundtrack
- 1 + 1 – Beyonce
- All Of Me – John Legend
- I Do – Colbie Caillat
- All for Love – Rod Stewart, Sting, Bryan Adams
- Marry Me -Jason Derulo
- Somewhere Over The Rainbow – Israel Kamakawiwo’Ole (ukelele cover)
- Come to me – The goo goo dolls
- As love is my witness – Westlife Sea of Love – Cat Power’s
- Always & Forever – Heatwave
- A River Flows through you – Yiruma
- Once Upon a Time – storybook love from The Princess Bride
- Romantic Flight – from How to Train Your Dragon (orchestral)
- Glasgow Love Theme – from Love Actually (instrumental)
- Dawn from Pride And Prejudice soundtrack – Dario Marianelli
- Your Song – The String Quartet Tribute to Valentine’s Day
- The Luckiest – Ben Folds
- Bella’s Lullaby – Taliesin Orchestra
- First Day Of My Life – Bright Eyes
- Two Hearts Are Better Than One – Katie Herzig
- Happy – Pharrell Williams
- Best Day of My Life – American Authors
- Love Is Easy – McFly
- Life’s a Happy Song – The Muppets(whimsical/feel good)
- All My Life – K-Ci & JoJo
- Stay Young, Go Dancing – Death Cab for Cutie
- Your love is King – Will Young
- Kiss Me – Ed Sheeran
- Romanza – Andrea Bocelli